Ganached Cake Class, Saturday 16th September 2017
- Create a beautiful smooth, sharp edged cake in this intensive one day class
My 'BIG' cake class! This class will teach you the fundamentals of using rich belgian chocolate ganache to achieve a super smooth finish and beautiful sharp edges on your cake.
The course will begin at 10.30am and finish at approximately 5.30pm.
What we will cover:
- Demonstration of making rich chocolate ganache for cake covering - I'll show you how to make the perfect ganache and you'll see it made from scratch so you can confidently make it yourself when you go home. You'll also be given a handy reference sheet for creating different flavours of ganache with milk, white and dark chocolate.
- Discussion of how to prep and store chocolate ganache
- Cutting and filling a 6" chocolate cake and prepping it for covering - you will learn how to cut and stack your cake effectively for the neatest results.
- Covering a cake with chocolate ganache ready for covering - you will be taught some brilliant fail-safe techniques for achieving a super smooth finish in preparation for covering your cake with sugarpaste.
- Creating a marble effect with sugarpaste - ready for covering your cake.
- Covering a ganached cake with fondant to achieve smooth and sharp edges - you will be taken through how to cover your cake step by step to minimise the chance of air bubbles, (and how to get rid of them if they do appear!), to achieve beautiful sharp edges on your cake and a perfect neat edge.
- Covering a cake board
- Transferring your covered cake to a cake board without damaging your cake!
- Create a stunning flower decoaration
- Attaching stylish ribbons and embellishments to complete your cake
You will take home your perfect cake and of course a newfound knowledge that you can use to develop your skills and love of cake decorating! You will also be given a recipe sheet and full details of all of the products and tools that we have used throughout the day.
All the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class.
This class is not for complete beginners - please only book if you feel you will be confident attending. If you are used to covering cakes in buttercream and are used to working with sugarpaste then you'll be fine :o)
If you would prefer one-to-one attention, you may request this as a private small group booking or one-to-one lesson (please contact me to arrange a suitable date). :o)
This class is available to pay in two instalments - the first instalment is due on booking and the second will be invoiced one month before the class, with payment due two weeks prior to the class taking place - please select the appropriate option when checking out.
Our classes take place in our local community hall in Paddock Wood, Kent. The town is served by direct trains from London Charing Cross, Ramsgate, Strood and Dover Priory. The hall is just a five minute walk from the station. Paddock Wood is a lovely town in West Kent , served by excellent public transport links, a mainline train station and with easy access to the A21, M20 and M25. It is within easy reach of nearby towns Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Maidstone. Our classes are held in a great location with extensive onsite free car parking and close to the town centre.
We will provide as much tea, coffee and soft drinks as you would like throughout the day, however, if you have a particular preference, you are of course welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please bring a packed lunch with you - we will take a 1/2 hour break for lunch and it's hungry work so bring something yummy!
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot offer any dietary alternative cakes (such as wheat/dairy free) on this class.
Class bookings are non-refundable. If you cancel before 14 days in advance of a class, you will receive a credit to the value of your class (less booking fee) for a future class.
If you cancel within 14 days of a class taking place, we offer a 50% credit towards a future class.
If you cancel within 7 days of a class taking place, no credit will be given.
All classes include a non-refundable £25 booking fee.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of these terms and conditions.