Create a beautiful smooth, sharp edged cake with a modern metallic spot decoration in this intensive one day class
10am - 5pm
CakeyBake Cake School
Suitable for those with a little experience
My 'BIG' cake class! This class will teach you the fundamentals of using rich belgian chocolate ganache to achieve a super smooth finish and beautiful sharp edges on your cake.
What we will cover:
- Demonstration of making rich chocolate ganache for cake covering - I'll show you how to make the perfect ganache and you'll see it made from scratch so you can confidently make it yourself when you go home. You'll also be given a handy reference sheet for creating different flavours of ganache with milk, white and dark chocolate.
- Discussion of how to prep and store chocolate ganache
- Cutting and filling a 6" chocolate cake and prepping it for covering - you will learn how to cut and stack your cake effectively for the neatest results. I'll also give you a copy of my famous chocolate mud cake recipe to use at home!
- Covering a cake with chocolate ganache ready for covering - you will be taught some brilliant fail-safe techniques for achieving a super smooth finish in preparation for covering your cake with sugarpaste.
- Covering a ganached cake with fondant to achieve smooth and sharp edges - you will be taken through how to cover your cake step by step to minimise the chance of air bubbles, (and how to get rid of them if they do appear!), to achieve beautiful sharp edges on your cake and a perfect neat edge.
- Covering a cake board
- Transferring your covered cake to a cake board without damaging your cake!
- Creating stylish paint techniques for a stunning gold spot effect:
-use of edible paints and tuition on how to caefully position and paint perfect spots for maximum impact.
- Discussion of different paints available and consideration as to why we choose certain brands over others for this style of cake.
- Creating a beautifull edible bow for your cake
- Attaching stylish ribbons and embellishments to complete your cake
You will take home your perfect sharp-edged cake and of course a newfound knowledge that you can use to develop your skills and love of cake decorating! You will also be given a recipe sheet and full details of all of the products and tools that we have used throughout the day.
All the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class.
If you wish to pay in instalments, this class is available to pay in two £65 instalments - the first instalment is due on booking and the second will be invoiced two weeks before the class - please select the appropriate option when checking out.
We will provide as much tea, coffee and soft drinks as you would like throughout the day, however, if you have a particular preference, you are of course welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please bring a packed lunch with you - we will take a 1/2 hour break for lunch and it's hungry work so bring something yummy!
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot offer any dietary alternative cakes (such as wheat/dairy free) on this class.
Class bookings are non-refundable. If you cancel before 14 days in advance of a class, you will receive a credit to the value of your class (less booking fee) for a future class.
If you cancel within 14 days of a class taking place, we offer a 50% credit towards a future class.
If you cancel within 7 days of a class taking place, no credit will be given.
All classes include a non-refundable £25 booking fee.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of these terms and conditions.