Suitable for beginners or those wishing to learn how to work with ganache and sugarpaste.
This class will teach you the fundamentals of using rich belgian chocolate ganache to coat your cake, and how to cover it with sugarpaste to achieve a super smooth finish and beautiful sharp edges on your cake.
What we will cover:
- Demonstration of making chocolate ganache for cake covering - I'll show you how to make the perfect cake-covering ganache and you'll see it made from scratch so you can confidently make it yourself when you go home. You'll also be given a handy reference sheet for creating different flavours of ganache with milk, white and dark chocolate.
- Discussion of how to prep and store chocolate ganache
- Cutting and filling a 5" chocolate cake and prepping it for covering - you will learn how to cut and stack your cake effectively for the neatest results. I'll also give you a copy of my famous chocolate mud cake recipe to use at home!
- Covering a cake with chocolate ganache ready for covering - you will be taught some brilliant techniques for achieving a super smooth finish in preparation for covering your cake with sugarpaste.
- Covering a ganached cake with fondant to achieve smooth and sharp edges - you will be taken through how to cover your cake step by step to minimise the chance of air bubbles, (and how to get rid of them if they do appear!), to achieve beautiful sharp edges on your cake and a perfect neat edge.
- Covering a cake board
- Transferring your covered cake to a cake board without damaging your cake!
- Creating stylish decorative blossom flowers:
- using cutters and moulds to create beautiful edible flowers
- use of dusts and royal icing to enhance your flower designs
- Attaching your flowers to your cake
- Attaching ribbons to complete your cake
You will take home yourbeautiful cake and of course a newfound knowledge that you can use to develop your skills and love of cake decorating! You will also be given a recipe sheet and full details of all of the products and tools that we have used throughout the day.
All the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class.
We will provide as much tea, coffee and soft drinks as you would like throughout the day, however, if you have a particular preference, you are of course welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please bring a yummy packed lunch to help keep you energetic throughout the day :)
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot offer any dietary alternative cakes (such as wheat/dairy free) on this class due to the number of different ingredients that we use.
Instalment payment plans available on this class:
1 - Pay in 2 x instalments
Payment plans incur an extra £5 admin fee - you will be charged your first instalment on booking and then sent a paypal invoice for the remainder of the cost. We will send you reminders for subsequent payments when they are due at equal intervals before your class. Full payment must be received within two weeks of your class date or your place will not be secured.
Payments plans not completed within two weeks of a class date will not be honoured with a booking and our T&C's apply as per cancellations.
Class bookings are non-refundable. If you cancel before 14 days in advance of a class, you will receive a credit to the value of your class (less booking fee) for a future class.
If you cancel within 14 days of a class taking place, we offer a 50% credit towards a future class.
If you cancel within 7 days of a class taking place, no credit will be given.
All classes include a non-refundable £25 booking fee.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of these terms and conditions.