- Where do you hold your classes?
- Our cupcake classes are held in Paddock Wood, Kent. The hall has ample free parking and is perfectly located for easy access from, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone and within easy reach from the A21, M20 and M25. It is also only a five minute walk from Paddock Wood Rail Station, which serves mainline trains from London and local areas.
- Kirsty also run classes as a guest tutor at various locations around the country - for these classes, they will be advertised locally by the host.
- Who teaches the classes?
- Kirsty is the founder and owner of CakeyBake and runs all the cupcake classes. Kirsty has worked as a professional qualified trainer for some of London's most glamorous hotels and Michelin star restaurants for many years. She set up CakeyBake Classes to combine her two favourite things - training and cupcakes! She has an infectious enthusiasm for cake decorating and delivers inspiring courses that have been designed with the attention to detail and passion that only an experienced trainer can provide. Kirsty has received Gold and Silver Awards at various prestigious cake shows every year for the past seven years - she continues to develop new ways of creating the most beautiful cakes and cupcakes possible and is delighted to share her knowledge with her students.
- What should I bring with me to the class?
- We provide absolutely everything you will need to decorate your cupcakes (even the apron!) and a lovely box to take them home in. We also provide unlimited tea, coffee and squash throughout the day – the only thing you need to bring is a yummy packed lunch – decorating cupcakes is actually fairly tiring (all that concentration!) and you’ll appreciate a nice break with something delicious to eat! Comprehensive handouts are provided on every class detailing the equipment used, the techniques and often step by step photos to help you remmeber everything after the class - you may wish to bring a pen with you to write your own notes during the class if you wish :)
- I am allergic to wheat / dairy – can you make me wheat-free cakes?
- We'd love to make sure you can enjoy eating the fruits of your labour after the class! Most classes offer wheat/dairy free cupcakes if you wish - please check the class details for your particular class as for some classes we are unable to cater for food allergies due to the nature of ingredients used. We hope you will still be able to enjoy the skills of decorating your cakes / cookies though and we often incorporate discussions on ways to incoroporate allergy requirements into your baking in all classes. Please, however, bear in mind that although we will do everything possible to separate ingredients, any cakes made by us willl be prepared in a kitchen that handles wheat, dairy and nut products. If you have extreme allergies, we do not recommend attending a public class.
- What is the minimum age for students in your classes?
- Our minimum age is 16 years old. Younger students are welcome to come on our classes but will need to be accompanied by an adult who would also need to purchase a place on the class (please let us know at the time of booking).
- The exception to this is our children's classes, which take place at various times throughout the year. For children aged 3-12 years, an adult must attend with them as their guardian (adults do not have to pay for a space on a children's class if they are accompanying a child). Full details are stated on the individual class booking page.
- I’m not very artistic – will I be able to make pretty cakes?
- Absolutely! Almost all of our classes are suitable for absolute beginners and you will be made very welcome from the moment you arrive! We use step by step methods for teaching and every student receives lots of one-to-one attention. Classes are relaxed and informal and you will always have the oppotrunity to ask as many questions as you need to feel happy and confident - by the end of the class you’ll be a natural! Lots of our students can’t quite believe that they’ve produced something so beautiful all on their own!
- How will I remember everything you teach me?
- When you come on a CakeyBake class, you’ll be given a full information pack containing recipes, step by step instructions and a full list of the equipment used on the course. We also have a busy private Facebook group which you will be invited to join once you have attended a class, where we have regular chats and discussions about all things cake and you can come and ask any questions you may have!
- Do you sell vouchers?
- Yes we do! If you would like to buy a voucher to attend any of our courses, please buy it from the CakeyBake online shop (click here to go straight there!). If you have a specific date in mind, please book a space on the relevant class and get in touch with us so that we can provide you with a lovely voucher to present as a gift.
Any other questions?
If there’s anything that we haven’t answered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help put your mind at ease!