Create a stunning moving Carousel Cake in this original intensive one day class
Sunday 4th July 2021
9.30am - 5pm
The CakeyBake Cake School @ The Hop Farm
Suitable for: those with some cake decorating experience - intermediate +
Maximum Students per class: 6
This is a highly detailed cake to make - involving many intermediate cake decorating skills to create a truly beautiful showstopping cake which can be adapted to be perfect for almost any occasion. Gently spinning around with the use of a concealed automated turntable, this beautiful cake will take your decorating and planning skills to the next level and leave your customers in awe ;)
The course will begin at 9.30am and finish at approximately 5pm - please be prepared for a long day!
What we will cover:
- The planning and preparation for a multi-tiered structured spinning cake
- Preparation of all elements and tips for the perfect assembly of intricate edible parts
- Creating swags, borders and embellishments using detailed moulds
- How to plan your cake for perfect positioning of embellishments for a pristine and symmetrical design
- Design skills and colour co-ordination
- logistics of painting and drying times with a multi-tiered project
- Covering (and disguising!) a mechanical turntable and incorporating it into the design of your cake (this can be applied to all future moving cake projects also)
- Creating a movable top tier carousel
- Constructing a symmetrical design with precision
This class is an intensive day with A LOT of work involved - you will be given free reign over many elements of the class, including your colour scheme and the design elements so that you go home with a truly unique cake for your portfolio.
You will also take home a fully functioning mechanical turntable which you will be able to re-purpose for other cake projects, plus ideas about how you can design future cakes around this piece of eqiupment.
As with all my classes, all the equipment, tools and edible materials you need will be provided for you to use during the class, plus a comprehensive handout with step by step pictures on how to recreate the cake once you are home.
We will be working on Dummy cakes in this class using fully edible coverings, however, time will be given to discuss how real cake can be incorporated in the design.
This class takes place at our gorgeous Cake School studio at the Hop Farm. Please click here for more information on our venue.
We will provide as much tea, coffee and soft drinks as you would like throughout the day, however, if you have a particular preference, you are of course welcome to bring your own refreshments. Please bring something for lunch with you.
Class bookings are non-refundable. If you cancel before 14 days in advance of a class, you will receive a credit to the value of your class (less booking fee) for a future class.
If you cancel within 14 days of a class taking place, we offer a 50% credit towards a future class.
If you cancel within 7 days of a class taking place, no refunds or credit will be given.
All classes include a non-refundable £25 booking fee.
Booking a space on the class will assume acceptance of these terms and conditions.